Sunday 26 February 2012

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Good morning all. Firstly, I hope everyone who participated in #openit had a great time, I certainly know I did! Although I would consider only one of the beers I consumed to fall into the required criteria, it still gave me a great excuse to have a couple of interesting ones, and it was also good to reacquaint myself with the delights of beer after my recent illness. I was planning to do a large post based around #openit, but in the end I felt smaller posts would allow me to focus on each beer and avoid missing out on any specifics. Also, the whole thing should be easier to read (at least that's the intention)! The first beer was opened at around 17:00, and that was Tap 6 Unser Aventinus, a weizenbock from the hefeweizen kings Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH. Review after the pic....


Tap 6 Unser Aventinus (8.2% ABV) pours a chestnut brown colour with a thick cream-coloured head that dissipates to a patchy covering over the surface of the beer. The aroma is typical of hefeweizens, with bananas, bubblegum and some cloves, with the extra malt presence bringing blackcurrants and raisins. There is also a noticeable bittering/floral hop aroma in the background. The taste is spicy and phenolic, with candy sugar, cloves, dark fruits, bananas and plenty of malt. There is a boozy presence in the background supporting all of these flavours, and the finish is sweet with no bitterness. The mouthfeel is light-bodied, moderately carbonated and slightly thick- I can see why doppelbocks are known as liquid bread now! Overall, another great offering from Schneider Weisse, with the typical hefeweizen flavours married against darker, fruitier tones to produce a rich and filling beer experience. Definitely recommended- I'll be getting this one again in the future!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment