Wednesday 1 February 2012

Trappistes Rochefort 10

Good evening all. It's been a while since my last beer review, as my post-exam life has involved attending a Big Lebowski Quote-A-Long, watching a variety of films and getting back into the lab to reacquaint myself with the project I'm meant to be finishing in two months. These have all conspired against me to ensure I haven't had a decent window of time in which to properly evaluate new beers. Tonight presented a perfect opportunity though, and in the spirit of continuing my Belgian beer crusade for 2012, I opted for Trappistes Rochefort 10 from Brasserie de Rochefort, purchased at The Rake a couple of weeks ago. Review after the pic....


Trappistes Rochefort 10 (11.3% ABV) pours a chestnut brown colour with a thick beige head that settles to a thin coating on the surface of the beer. The aroma is full of typical Belgian phenolic character, with blackcurrants, raspberries and a candy sugar sweetness. The taste consists of spicy phenols, raspberries and candy sugar, with a malty/yeasty finish over some residual sweetness. Initially the beer appears to be quite boozy, but this diminishes soon after the first sip. The mouthfeel is slightly thick and moderately carbonated, but exceedingly drinkable (as any good Belgian beer should be!). Overall, a very good Quad with plenty of spice and a good helping of fruity sweetness. It's a very solid offering, hence the succinctness of the review. Definitely recommended!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment